Bespoke Inset Day
Are you interested in a inset day that is informative, fun and memorable enough staff are talking about it months afterwards?
Interacting with individuals who display distress through problem behaviour has an emotional toll on all educators. Embedding a comprehensive system to assist staff with this is a core feature of the inset day. All staff will learn how to implement this system by themselves and for themselves. This adds a structure for staff they can utilise before relying on their senior hierarchy.
Sometimes a cycle can develop between the teacher and the students that makes things even worse: the pupils misbehave more, you dislike them more, you are less positive and friendly, they dislike you and your classes more, they disrupt more and so it goes on. The cycle needs to be broken. This is illustrated by the Betari Box:
If you have specific areas that need to be covered the workshop has developed as adaptable and bespoke to your needs. Please discuss with us any elements you desire added to the day.
Areas covered can include:
- Understanding low and high level disruptive behaviours
- Effective teaching / classroom management strategies
- Tips on a number of common behaviours faced by educators
- Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE’s) scale
- Mirror neurons
- Data collection
- Reinforcement theory
- Functions and causes of problem behaviours
- Tolerance, resilience and relationships
- Positive psychology / Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)
- Staff support systems
- Emotion and relationships
- Offloading and debriefing