Bespoke Inset Day
Are you interested in a inset day that is informative, fun and memorable enough staff are talking about it months afterwards?
Interacting with individuals who display distress through problem behaviour has an emotional toll on educators and carers. Embedding a comprehensive system to assist staff with this is a core feature of the inset day. All staff will learn how to implement this system by themselves and for themselves. This adds a structure for staff they can utilise before relying on their senior hierarchy. All of D.ESCAL8TM training and consultancy is founded upon Positive Behaviour Support (PBS). PBS is backed by a solid evidence base; organisations such as Skills for Care, NICE and the British Institute of Learning Disabilities (BILD) have PBS at the core of their literature and practice.
If you have specific areas that need to be covered the workshop is developed to be adaptable and bespoke to your needs. Please, discuss with us any elements you would like added to the day. Areas covered can include:
- Effective teaching / classroom management strategies
- Tips on a number of common behaviours faced by educators
- Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE’s) scale
- Mirror neurons
- Data collection
- Social Emotional Learning
- DNAv model
- Reinforcement theory
- Functions and causes of problem behaviours
- Tolerance, resilience and relationships
- Positive psychology / Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)
- Behaviour Support Plans - Develop an understanding of the elements of a fully fledged Behaviour Support Plan.
- Staff support systems
- Emotion and relationships
- Offloading and debriefing